Poads Trust

The History of the Trust and its Management   History of the Henry Poad Trust:   The original deeds for the property that were to become the Poads Trust date from 1746, but the cottages were built in 1840, just before the mining established itself in the Parish.  Henry Poad of Trehawke Farm acquired the cottages and some land and in his will he left the cottages to the poor and deserving people of Menheniot, with the caveat that the properties would pass to the Parish Council on the death of his wife.  Mrs Poad died in 1949.  On the 16th...

read more