The survey we conducted during September to get your views on the council’s ground maintenance has now closed and the report is available to view and download using the link at the foot of this report. The key points coming out of the survey are that:
- Over three-quarters (77%) of people think that the playing fields should be maintained throughout the year.
- Over half (57%) of people would like to see a border around the playing field that is left uncut all the time.
- Over three-quarters (79%) of people would like some areas set aside for wilding on Mine Hill.
- Almost three-quarters (73%) of people want to see weeds controlled in public spaces.
- Two-thirds (63%) of people would like some areas at Fourgates set aside for wilding.
- Just over half (53%) of people would support whatever method works best to remove weeds.
- Just over three-quarters (76%) of people think the council should use alternative methods of controlling weeds (that is, should not be using glyphosate).
If you made a comment or asked a question in the survey, you can read the council’s reply to every one of them. Councillors will be using the survey to shape the specification for the new ground maintenance contract that starts in April 2022.
8th October 2021